The Back Story
The original Back to Front Show is an irregular, and often irreverent, web industry focused podcast hosted by Keir Whitaker and Kieran Masterton. With over 30 years of combined experience they’ve learnt a few things — most of them the hard way.
The show is recorded with the aid of two cheap USB microphones and a dodgy Skype connection. Each episode sees them dive into the latest happenings in the web and tech industries and chew the fat for around 40—50 minutes.
The show does not focus on one area in particular rather choosing to discuss a number of regular topics, including but not limited to:
- Back-end technology
- Front-end development
- Web industry news
- Web conferences and meetups
- Startup culture
- Freelancing & small business
- Web frameworks
- Web platforms
- Remote working
- Hipsters and fixed gear bikes!
- Keir Whitaker — (pictured right) Experiental Marketing Lead at Shopify. Occasionally writes about, and shares links on, ecommerce, the web industry, podcasting, travel & culture on his blog.
- Kieran Masterton — (pictured left) Now at Shopify helping Plus Merchants. Lover of big white hounds and bad 80s horror.
In September 2016 Keir launched “Back Stories” — a new interview show with interesting people from the world of web, design, digital, and beyond. Each 30 minute show delves into the interviewees history and aims to show that there’s plenty of paths to success in the web industry. There may be tangents, you never know.
Drop Keir an email.